A great craft activity to involve the entire class. Children will love choosing which colour their chicken will be and what characteristics to give it to make it uniquely theirs. Will yours be yellow and fluffy, or blue with a fantastic feathery headpiece, or maybe multicoloured? Don’t forget to give your chicken a name!
Here’s how to make the chicken:
- Take the Plastic Bird Feet and poke them into place on the Foam Egg – these can then be used to hold while painting in the next step.
- Paint the egg your chosen colour/s while holding the feet, then stand to dry.
- Slot in some feather’s for the wings, or put them all over! If it’s becoming a bit tricky to push the feathers into the foam egg, try using a toothpick or a pin to create some holes to make it easier.
- Take the Plastic Bird Beak and poke into place.
- Use the Supertac Glue to attach the eyes, and admire your masterpiece!