Children will love making this craft activity for the father figure in their lives. They can choose to make their dad, grandfather, uncle, or even themselves! The possibilities are endless, as they let their creativity run wild to make a truly unique gift!
There are a number of ways children could decorate these wooden people including colouring them using crayons or markers, or dressing them up with felt clothes. In this activity we’ll cover the latter, but feel free to choose the tools that best suit your desired outcomes.
Here’s how to make it:
- Choose your wooden person and select one or many skin colour crayons to colour the areas that clothes won’t cover.
- Choose some felt and trace around the wooden person to give yourself a guide for cutting. You could make a shirt, pants, shoes etc.
- Cut along the lines and amend as needed to fit the desired area.
- Use glue to adhere the clothing to the wooden figure.
- Glue on the eyes.
- Add any additional details like facial features an hair (you can cut pieces of twine or felt to glue on the head for hair).